The Adaptive (AZLEMA) is based on an informative report by and Ric .
I've modified it by using Cosine IFM, a method by on determining the dominant cycle period without using fast-Fourier transforms
Instead, we use some basic differential equations that are simplified to approximate the cycle period over a 100 bar sample size.
The settings for this strategy allow you to scalp or swing trade! High versatility!
Since this strategy is frequency based, you can run it on any timeframe ( is untested) and even have the option of using adaptive settings for a best-fit.
- Source : Choose the value for calculations (close, open, high + low / 2, etc...)
- Period : Choose the dominant cycle for the (typically under 100)
- Adaptive? : Allow the strategy to continuously update the Period for you (disables Period setting)
- Gain Limit : Higher = faster response. Lower = smoother response. See for more information.
- Threshold : Provides a bit more control over entering a trade. Lower = less selective. Higher = More selective. (range from 0 to 1)
- SL Points : Stop Poss level in points (10 points = 1 pip)
- TP Points : Take Profit level in points
- Risk : Percent of current balance to risk on each trade (0. 01 = 1%)
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.