Opportunities to buy are short right now as ideally you want to come in on a correction structure with the closest one at the 23000 level. After that the Fib levels are some way lower so you'd need quite a decline to get in on a correction. Luckily President Trump is prone to causing world wide fear and panic so one may not be so far away from an ideal correction and buying opportunity.
My Trading Rules - How I identify trades, define my edge and manage the commercials:
First I define my 'edge' which simply means a set of circumstances that indicate one eventuality is greater than another.
My Edge: (How I decide on if I should enter)
1) Is defined as trading in the direction of the overriding daily trend ( , or Neutral)
2) In a trending marketing I look for entries at corrective price structure
3) In a neutral market I trade the upper and lower most extremes of the levels
4) In the case of a breakout I seek an entry in the direction of the break
Next I follow 4 rules for undertaking analysis: (How I spot opportunities)
1) Analysis must clearly define a 'bias' and the parameters for invalidating 'bias'
2) Analysis must clearly provide a trade set-up with entry, take profit and stop loss
3) Analysis must debunk a trade in the opposite direction
4) Analysis must factor in sentiment and fundamental factors
So now I know my edge and how to spot opportunities the next is how to manage trades: (How I decide on the commercials of a trade)
1) Take profit should be set at a key fibonacci and/or price structure level
2) Stop loss should be no more than 3% per trade (sum of total positions)
3) Entry should feature 2 or more positions
4) Entry at market is forbidden to mitigate impulse trading (I only trade via orders)